Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Working with Diversity

Working at a large park really tests your abilities, charector, and patience. Animal Kingdom draws in a very diverse group of people from different areas and cultures. I have already learned a lot about working through a language barrier as well as dealing with situations where I am uncomfortable. 

For example, I've noticed that some other cultures have a different idea of personal space than I do. I recently had a guest get uncomfortably close to me while asking questions. Rather than being outwardly offended, I nonchalantly took a step back and answered their question.

It is difficult to constantly be adapting to diverse individuals, but in the end I can walk out knowing that I helped make their days magical - no matter who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment