Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dare to do what dreamers do

On Saturday I made my first tip to my work location, Disney's Animal Kingdom.  I went with Gisselle and Helen so we could ride Expedition Everest!  It was fantastic to see my home for the next 8 months and take guesses on which costume would be mine!  


We spent a small amount of time exploring the park, but couldnt wait any longer to ride the famous attraction!  Having no knowledge of the ride, I was in for some scary surprises! (No spoilers) ;)  


Having gotten there pretty late from taking the cast bus, we only had minimal time in the park.  Shortly after everest, and trying a chocolate covered frozen banana for the first time, we hopped back on the bus home.  

When we got back to The Commons we took naps and made food.  Only a couple of hours later all of the roommates were home and we left for Magic Kingdom!  This was a special moment because not only was it some of our first trips to the park, but it was the first park trip with everyone.  I was super excited to meet and talk to the boss (Mickey Mouse) as soon as I got in the park!  He said that he was hoping we would show up!  My boss is better than yours.

Photo: ...picture w/ Mickey Mouse and he TALKED to us!!!!! #disneymagic :)

After meeting Mickey, we went on many rides that I have never experienced before and had a blast.  It was freezing out and I was wearing a skirt, but I was giddy with adrenaline from the coasters!  We all have bonded so much already that we were cracking up to inside jokes the entire time. 

Our main purpose for going to Magic Kingdom was to watch Wishes together.  This was a sentimental moment, considering it was a show about making wishes come true and all of ours just had!  We danced and sung along with tears in our eyes and smiles on our faces knowing that we are all where we belong.  I had a rush of emotions when a Lion King clip to the song Hakuna Matata played.  The following fireworks were brilliant and awe inspiring.

After watching Wishes Toni requested to meet Ariel, and we all wanted to.  So, we got in the very short line to see her!


She was beautiful and charming as anyone would expect of the wonderful mermaid!  

We also caught the parade on our way out of the park, where we started a "USA" chant as the Honor America float passed by.  (The male cheerleaders behind us joined in as well!)  

We left the park and caught a cast bus back to our car at the end of the night.  As soon as we got home (around 1:30) I passed out, knowing I had to wake up for work at 5:30am!

"We're all just children, reaching for our dreams. 
There shining high above us, and even though it seems, so far (so far). 
We put our faith and hope on a shooting star."


and my wish really did come true


No comments:

Post a Comment