Sunday, January 19, 2014

DAKlimation


 Today was my DAKlimation class, and also my first time working on location at Disney's Animal Kingdom.  This orientation was exciting, informative, and fun.

They first brought us into a conference room that smelled like a zoo.  Upon looking around, I realized a small dung pile in the center of every table.  I guess they really wanted us acclimated to all aspects of this park!!

While in the conference room we learned the basics of working at this Disney park, including a review of the 4 keys: Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency.  We heard a welcome message from the Vice-President of the park and learned about the conservation efforts of the Walt Disney Company.

From there we took a comprehensive tour of the park, both onstage and off stage.  We met some of the animals but most weren't out yet because of cold morning temperatures.  We learned the greetings of each section of the park and the various attractions throughout.  I even met someone working my role with the same hours as me!

After our tour we received our schedules and took a bus to costuming.  I am excited about my "Its a Bugs Life" costume!  The shirt in these pictures is big on me but it will make do!  (Plus I get a hat! #YES)  *These Pictures are missing my Super Sassy Safari Sash*


Tomorrow I have work (training) from noon till 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment