Friday, January 24, 2014

Roomba!!

I have learned more than I thought possible in the past week.  Not to mention all of the connections Ive made and fun Ive had!

I am really happy with Disney's training program.  I was assigned a trainer to work with me throughout the week.  She taught me how to do everything and helped me when it was my turn to step up.  I learned how to do over 8 different jobs effectively.  I memorized multiple spiels and recited them for crowds of everywhere from 4 to 400 people.

I also completed readings and e-learning about safety, operations, OSHA, and other important areas.  (That was the boring part of the week...)  In practice I drew upon many lessons that I learned in my marketing program and from multiple clubs and organizations I was in.  It is interesting to see how skills Ive learned from theater, DECA, and even sailing (knot tying) come into play with my role.

While I have been working 9 hour days, leaving me exhausted every night, I am having so much fun!  I have made friends with my coworkers and had the opportunity to interact with multiple guests.  While I was working greeter earlier this week, a little girl was ecstatic to show me her stuffed animal - Marie the cat.  I loved being able to interact with her and help make her day magical.  

To end the work week, I went to a bar called Roomba with some coworkers and leaders last night.  One of the trainers is in a band and performs there often.  Some other cast members also play guitar and sing.  Although it took a while for me to choose the right outfit for this occasion, I am entirely glad I went.  I bonded with more of the cast members and enjoyed the music.  Everyone was extremely friendly and happy to be there.  I am curious to see where all of the photos taken end up!  Ending the night we took a group picture onstage and danced to the cha cha slide and cupids shuffle.

I now have the weekend off before my 6-hr assessment on Monday.  I plan on spending it relaxing and maybe heading over to one of the parks.  

If anyone has questions about the program, my experiences, or anything that pertains to this blog, please feel free to comment them here!  I'd be happy to answer them.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Are you sworn to secrecy on anything?
    2. Do they educate you on the underground workings of Disney?
    3. Do you get a discount? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! I put the answers to these questions in another blog post. You can see them here: http://katrinagoestodisney.blogspot.com/2014/01/answers-to-reader-questions.html

      Delete