Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Viva Gaia!

The past two days I have worked 9 hour shifts!  I have a trainer who stays with me throughout the entire day, teaching me tasks and completing them with me.  Her name is Michelle and she is precious! She is extremely helpful and understanding, thorough, and interesting.  Two other girls are being trained along side me, but with another trainer - Nestor.  Nestor is a famous band member from the Philippines. Cool, huh?  I'll post all about Monday right now and come back to talk about today and probably tomorrow.  Enjoy!

Monday

Monday was my first day working on location.  I took the cast member bus at 7am with the other two girls.  We met our trainers at the Pride Rock, which is a cast member cafeteria and the cast services center.  From there we created accounts with The Hub - Disney's employee website, completed online training modules, and went took a break.

After our break, we all walked over to the Tree of Life.  The show that I work, It's Tough to be a Bug, is actually located inside the Tree of Life.  Behind the theater is a hallway with our very small office/break room, glasses room, and clock in station.  I learned how to prepare the 3-D glasses, or Bug Eyes, for cleaning and collect them from the bins.

I also learned how to be a greeter and took over the position for a short time.  The parade went by and King Louie took me by the hands to dance with him!  It's amazing that even as a cast member the park brings me into the magic.

After working greeter I was trained in stroller parking.  It was my role to park strollers for tons of guests in the post-parade rush.  I had to create extra space when we ran out.  This is my least favorite position.

From stroller parking I went inside to assist wheel chair guests into the theater.  After that I took my lunch and went to the training center to read about safety.  After almost falling asleep a few times and getting through the material I headed back to the tree to work on all of the above roles some more.

Overall I really enjoyed my hectic, overwhelming first day.  I am really using my experience that I gained through my marketing program and that feels great.  I will post about today at a later point, but right now I am falling asleep.

Viva Gaia everyone!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment