Sunday, July 6, 2014

Magic Shines Through

The past week of my program has been tough, to say the least.  As many of you know, It's Tough to be a Bug is going down for refurbishment until August.  About 3 days ago I was given my training paper for Adventurers Outpost in Animal Kingdom.  Although this is not the most thrilling job, I was happy to be staying in Theater Ops with my friends.  Unfortunately, only 2 hours later I had a meeting with my manager who told me I would be deployed to Hollywood Studios instead.  I was upset to discover I now only had 2 more days working at my home, rather than a month.  My time with my bug family had been cut short and I was not happy at all.  I said many tough goodbyes to seasonal and part time cast who I will not be seeing in the parks at all.  Before I knew it I was giving my last spiels (which I rocked) and crying like a baby in the office.  I have become unimaginably close to the people that I work with and the place in which I work.  Today was my orientation at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

But it's not all bad.  Hollywood Studios happens to be my favorite park to visit as a guest.  I love it's themeing and many of it's attractions.  This park is home to my second favorite attraction: Hollywood Tower of Terror.  I will be working in the new Frozen Summer Fun event - at the sing along in the Premium theater, and at the parade and fireworks.  I enjoyed having orientation with all of my fellow bugs as we are taking over the studios.  On our tour around the park I experience the Great Movie Ride for the first time with some of my best friends! Even in an ugly costume I believe I will make some great memories in this new location.

This week came to a magical end just a couple of hours ago.  Most of the CPs and ICPs found their way to the Tree of Life just before park close.  Our managers provided us with Mickey Bars and we had a party in the office.  Once our last guest show was over, the most magical moment of my program occurred - we had a CP only show.  Lillian, one of my coordinators, started the show with a beautiful spiel thanking us for all that we've done and giving us our blessing.  As Flik appeared, all of us instantly began reciting his lines.  In fact, we said every line of the show in unison!  We cheered at the happy parts and screamed at the scary parts.  When Hopper was supposed to come out, I jumped out in front of the theater and played out his part from memory!! Not only is that something Ive always wanted to do, but it's something no one else will probably have the opportunity to do in the future.  As the show came to an end we gave Flik a standing ovation.  With tears in our eyes and grins our faces we said goodbye to our home of the past 5 months.  At this point picture time commenced and we eventually made our way out of the park.


I cannot express how entirely thankful I am for every single bug  Ive worked, played, and laughed with.  I now have an incredible family that extends beyond 8 countries and dozens of hearts.  And it's not over yet!! It's time to make some more magic in my final days at Walt Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment